Using YOUR Library
The AVC Library offers many unique services just for students, faculty, and staff. Click on the tabs to explore Library services.
Some quick FAQs!
- If you have an AVC student, staff, or faculty ID card updated for the current semester, you may renew books online. You will need your ID number (located on your ID card below the bar code). Enter this number when prompted for "Borrower ID".
How do I get a library card?
- AVC Students
- Your Antelope Valley College ID card serves as your library card. Bring yourAVC ID card to the Circulation Desk and Circulation staff will activate it for you. You will need to update your card at the Circulation Desk each semester you are enrolled at AVC
- Community BorrowerCard
- Non-Students may obtain a Community Borrower card for $10.00 per year. For more information please visit the Circulation Desk.
How do I find information about the Antelope Valley?
Follow the link: Antelope Valley Links
Does the Library have adaptive technology for students with disabilities?
Yes. Adaptive computer equipment is available for use by studenst with disabilities in the reference area of the library. Please contact the Office for Students with Disabilities office for more information.
Internet links on topics of interest to OSD students (all links are external):
- The Access Board: A Federal Agency Committed to Accessible Design
- NextUp.com: The Power of Spoken Audio
- Books Transcribed and Available for Purchase (Braille Center at Computers to Help People, Inc.)
- APH Products: Visual Efficiency and Low Vision
- TechAdapt, Inc. Accessible Media Specialists
- CMP Online: Captioned Media Program
- National Captioning Institute
- Assistive Technology in Higher Education Survey Report
- The Blind Readers' Page